VP OF REC POSITION IS CURRENTLY OPEN!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering!
Welcome to Manchester Rec Soccer! We offer a fun, safe, low-key environment where your player can enter the world of team sports. Soccer, like perhaps no other sport, can be enjoyed at any skill level, with the least amount of equipment needed of any team sport. There’s a reason soccer is unchallenged as the most popular sport in the world. Played everywhere from dirt lots to world-class stadiums holding 100,000+ singing and chanting fans. With a fan base of over 3 BILLION…soccer is a sport that welcomes everyone, and can be played by anyone.
Forget expensive gear, forget complicated rules. All soccer needs is an open space, something to kick…and kids willing to have a great time under the sun.
Let’s get our kids off the couch, smell the grass, and have some fun. : )
PLEASE FIND THE ANSWERS TO OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED REC QUESTIONS BELOW...
- When will Rec Registration open? Rec Registration opens Jan 15th for the Spring season and August 1st for the Fall season.
- How do I register? To register, you must sign up for an MSA account using the link at the upper right hand corner or simply click HERE. Once you have signed up for an MSA account, you may register for any available program including Rec Soccer using the REGISTRATION INFO tab or simply click HERE. If you do not see a Rec Registration option, Rec Registration is closed.
- When do the seasons start? The Spring season usually begins the first Saturday after spring break, while the Fall season usually begins the first week of September.
- How long is the season? The season is usually 6-8 weeks long, with games played on the weekends.
- When are games played? Rec games are usually played on Saturday mornings, with games at 0900, 1000 and 1100.
- When are practices? There is usually one short practice sometime during the week, depending on your coaches' schedule.
- What are the ages for your Rec Program? We have U6, U8 and sometimes U9 or U10 Rec teams. Ages for our Rec teams range from 4-10 years of age.
- How are teams divided? Rec teams will be divided by grade.
- My player is 3, but she's reaaaaaallly wants to play. Can she? MSA does not currently have a "Little Kickers" program for those players 3 and younger (however if you would like to volunteer to START and run such a program that would be fantastic!).
- My player is AWESOME, can he play up an age group? We encourage players at the rec level to stay within their peer group, as team building is as important at this level as skill development. Please contact our VP of Rec at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
- Are there boys teams and girls teams? The teams at the rec level are coed.
- What if they're aren't enough players to form a team? We do everything within our ability to find a spot for every child that wants to play. If Manchester just doesn't have enough U10 players (for example)...we will call local clubs to see if they want to combine for that age group. If this doesn't work, that player's money is refunded.
- What does the season usually cost? The fees usually range between $45-$60 depending on the amount of players, new equipment, volunteer levels, etc
- Is there financial assistance available? Yes, we want everyone who would like to play for Manchester to be able to play for Manchester, regardless of their financial situation. Please download our Financial Assistance Form located under the RESOURCES tab above, and be sure to submit it by the applicable deadline.
- What are our fees used for? Many items, such as paint, porta potties, field and coaches equipment, insurance, flyers, yard signs, banners, scholarships, etc overlap both rec and travel, and therefore MSA has a general fund for those items. Recently, for example, the general fund was used to buy new nets at a cost of around $1200. Having a general fund benefits and keeps costs lower for all of our players.
- What equipment does my player need? Shoes, shinguards and a size 3 ball. That's it. Check Worth Repeating in town for $1 (used) cleats!!!
- What will practice be like? This depends on the coach. Usually practice is once a week for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. It's typically low-key, with fun team-building games that simultaneously develop skills.
- Where do we get our Coaches? Our fantastic coaches are volunteers from our community who usually, but don't always have their kids on their team.
- I'd like to be a hero to the kids of Manchester...can I be a coach? You bet! Just contact our VP of Rec at email@example.com or come to one of our Board meetings. There is no experience required, just a simple background check and you are on your way to hero status!
- When will my coach be contacting me?!!! This part is like herding cats : ) Please be patient as all of our coaches are volunteers, and often first-time coaches. Sometimes it takes a while to find those great volunteers who are willing to step up and coach. Sometimes we have to wait for parents to complete registration forms. Sometimes we have incorrect or missing contact information. Sometimes emails end up in spam folders. Sometimes our volunteers are enjoying vacations like normal people ; ) If you have still not been contacted within a week of games starting please contact our VP of Rec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who do I contact with questions not answered above? Please contact our VP of Rec Soccer at email@example.com
Don't forget to like our Facebook page HERE for the most current updates!